Internet, Development, eLearning and Media opportunities
► Resume Overview:
First I would like to thank you for checking out my resume. My resume is long. I made it long in order to showcase my skills. I encourage you to visit all the links on my resume. These links are my work. By looking at them you will get a comprehensive view of of the following:
What I've done
What I can do
Why you need to hire me
Here is a TXT version of my resume. Here is a Word version of my resume. Thank
your time and consideration.
September 2012 – Current – ExactTarget | Instructional Developer - Contractor
As a contract Instructional Developer I am responsible for managing and creating the development of interactive training materials for internal and external clients. I provide create conceptual, creative thinking to turn complex concepts into easy-to-understand, visually appealing, and interactive e-learning modules. I work closely with a cross-functional team of Instructional Designers and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to deliver effective materials that reach a wide array of audiences. I have a trained eye for design, an uncanny attention to detail, and the desire to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
• Interface with Instructional Designers, SMEs, and stakeholders
• Design graphics, visualizations, and animations
• Collaborate and manage learner-centered online training projects
• Set, manage, and achieve production schedules for material design and deployment
• Manage multiple tasks at once
I know how to do the following using ExactTarget software:
I also provide email marketing for Fall Creeks Gardens. I use ExactTarget software
to direct market to Fall Creek Gardens members. I'm responsible for coding, testing,
scheduling and reporting on emails. Here is a sample email marketing campaign:
I also do the following:
• Prepare Photoshop files as required, slicing/resizing images
• Build emails using ExactTarget templates
• Create HTML paste emails using HTML
• Prepare, update and maintain the subscriber list
• Implement A|B testing, including segmentation, subject lines, sent times, etc.
• Perform quality assurance testing to validate functional and rendering performance
May 2011 – May 2012 – Budgetler | Developer and Content Manager
Budgetler is an online financial assistant that tracks all account types and transactions. It offers the functionality of desktop financial management software within a lean and easy-to-use web service. As an Indianapolis Lead Developer and Content Manager I did the following:
• Application development with the Ruby on Rails framework
• Full application stack from the application core to the database layer
• JQuery framework
• PayPal Integration
As an Indianapolis SEO Content Manager I produced deliverables independently but
team members to build the CollegeUp.org website. Shaping ideas
based on users and business
insights, while being sensitive to both the brand
and the client’s (USA Funds) internal
capabilities was a key component of my job.
My primary responsibilities were to write, edit, repurpose, enhance and post content.
I built, supported and optimized content using text, multimedia and graphics. As SEO
Manager I implemented SEO to increase search volume. I compiled content
from partners such as Monster, Bundle and Fastweb to broaden
and strengthen CollegeUp.org content offerings. I also worked with the Bostech
development team to QA the CollegeUp.org CMS. Other duties:
As SEO Content manager I also provided quality assurance for CollegeUp.org. I used Assembla for bug tracking and team collaboration. I made sure that content followed
the "tone" and "voice" of the client. I used approved style guides, wireframes and
client direction to make sure the final content deliverable met or exceed expectation.
As Social Coordinator my primary responsibilities were finding, editing, repurposing, rewriting, and enhancing content. I built, supported and promoted content using facebook and by optimizing on-page content. As Social Coordinator I implemented SEO best practices and social media to support findability and usability for an Internet audience.
• Optimized content using current SEO strategies
• Generated SEO content based on trending data
• Researched media and web technologies
• Keyword research, audit and strategy
As a Social Coordinator I focused on creating content for maximum visibility and ranking
in the major (Google) search engines. I used Google Analytics, Google Insights for Search and SEO copy editing techniques (long tail SEO) to achieve Search Engine Optimization goals.
• Creating content for websites
• e-Learning development
April 2002 – June 2010 – Clarian Learning Solutions (CLS) | Multimedia Developer
Multimedia Developer - As a developer at Clarian I worked with clinical staff, other developers,
training staff and designers creating storyboards, user interfaces, web sites, documentation,
presentations, and elearning applications. I effectively used creativity and technical skill to
develop multimedia, web-based training, animation, presentations, podcasts and
Besides designing and developing SCORM content I also provided Tier III support for Plateau
Systems WBTs and troubleshooting assistance for the Plateau learning management system (eLMS)
I also worked well within a team environment and under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
I gathered and documented requirements, worked with subject matter experts and distributed LTA
documentation on several elearning projects.
• Created video and audio (multimedia) content for customized e-Learning
• e-Learning development for the Internet and desktop computers
• Developed Cerner Implementation Web Based Training
• Animation Mockups - Content Design and Development
• Reviewed online courses for quality assurance
• Trained CLS design staff on multimedia software
• Designed and developed SCORM based WBTs
• SCORM/LMS Content Integration
• Development Case Studies - HTML, PHP, SQL and Actionscritping development:
As a developer, I was also responsible for managing all the online newsletters
for PACE Updates and ensuring that online customer experiences were consistent and
standards of the PACE Updates brand were consistent across all marketing initiatives.
I acted as a partner with instructional design on eLetter content and distribution.
I was the PACE knowledgebase creator and content manager from 2005 - 2010.
I designed and developed a PHP, HTML and PDF knowledgebase for FAQs and CPOE training materials.
I edited and sent a monthly FAQ e-mail campaign to Clarian clinical staff. In 2006 I
used Google analytics to provide advanced methodologies such as newsletter design,
testing and advanced user segmentation. I also applied Search Engine Optimization
(SEO) strategies to the eLetter FAQ knowledge base and e-Mail newsletter campaigns.
• Developed the strategy for integrating email into eLetter FAQ knowledgebase
• Implemented the eLetter FAQ knowledge base search engine
• Tracked emails and FAQ knowledge base using Google Analytics and Crazy Egg
• Migrated FAQ communications from print to less expensive electronic channels
• FAQ knowledge base content SEO
As a developer I also provided second and third tier application support to customers
on the front end WBT modules of the Learning Management system (eLMS). I assisted
internal and external clients with application support requests while mentoring and
coaching fellow team members on support issues. While providing WBT application
support I was responsible for the following:
• Quality assurance and use case testing
• Help-desk type support for proprietary eLearning modules
• Coordinating and performing operating procedures - FTP
• Advising alternate solutions for problems and or recommending a specific solution
• Providing updates, status, and completion information to managers and team members
As a Developer I was a key member of a creative services team and enjoyed working in a
fast paced collaborative environment.
April 2006 – May 2007 – CBS Interactive (CBS Digital Media Group) | Blogger/Sports Cartoonist
I created the SPuN cartoon feature for the CBS Sportsline SPiN website. I conceptualized
and wrote sports related content. CBS Interactive wanted edgy sports commentary content.
April 2000 – May 2001 – Pearson Education
| Media Developer
As an Indianapolis multimedia developer I designed Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) for CD-ROM applications. I developed
visual media elements, created and edited images, as well as developed interactive
CD-ROMs for the Sams publishing imprint of Pearson Education. I worked with editors
and writers, as well as software companies to develop book CD-ROMs.
I also negotiated software contracts and wrote product descriptions for each CD-ROM
developed. As a Media Developer I was also responsible for the following:
• Posting book errata content to the Pearson Education website
• Technical support and troubleshooting of all my media projects
• Microsite and CD-ROM GUI design, development and production
• Reviewing content for quality assurance
• Providing CD-ROM source code updates and fixes
• GUI Design, Layout and Production - Photoshop, Formula Graphics and Illustrator:
• GUI Design, Layout and Production - Photoshop, Flash and Actionscript:
• Microsite GUI Design, Layout and Production - Photoshop and HTML:
August 1998 – March 2000 – H.L.Yoh Company | IT Consultant
IT Consultant – I was responsible for maintaining networks and applications for the
Indiana women infant and children (WIC) program. I provided support via the phone
and Internet to WIC clinic workers. I also designed and developed web applications
using HTML and desktop applications using Visual Basic.
I also provided tier I, II
and III application support and on-site (WIC clinics)
troubleshooting of applications
and WIC networked WinTel computers. As an IT
Consultant I was also responsible
for the following:
I was responsible for maintaining user workstations in a corporate setting. I setup,
upgraded and repaired Windows 95 based PC’s and Windows NT 3.5 file servers.
I provided tier I, II and III support. I also managed the H.E.A.T. for Windows customer
support system and handled telephone support. While providing PC Support I was
also responsible for the following:
• On-site point-of-sale systems installation - setup of WinTel POS systems
• Coordinating equipment repair — HP printers and NCR Pentium 7452s
May 1995 – August 1997 – Indianapolis Public Schools | Computer Specialist
I was responsible for maintaining a computer lab in an educational setting. I setup,
upgraded and repaired Windows based PC's and managed Novell Netware 3.12 and
4.1 file servers. I also provided tier I and II support. As a Computer Specialist
I was also responsible for the following:
• Service calls on warranty equipment
• PC Break fix and equipment repair
• User phone support
The Flash Webisode Production Handbook (With CD-ROM) (Paperback)
By John Moore (Author)
I wrote this book. I developed the code samples and CD-ROM for this
book. I also completed all the software acquisitions (contracts)
and created all the visual content for this book.
Paperback: 407 pages Publisher: Charles River Media; 1st edition
(October 15, 2001) Language: English ISBN-10: 1584500875